Thursday, September 29, 2011

2011_06_08 Moving forward

I just spoke with the PA again. We are moving forward. She will contact our insurance and the drug companies and facilitate the medicine delivery to me. I am assuming our insurance will leave us with a hefty co-pay, meaning phone calls to try for patient assistance. It sounds like she's willing (and accustomed to)making these calls.

For the duration of treatment plus 6 months after, we will need to use 2 forms of birth control, not hormone based. There are known birth defects with 2 of the 3 meds I'll be on. So I have an appointment to be fitted for a diaphragm. It seems silly to me, at age 44, after 23 years of marriage and no birth control to have to use birth control at all, but I will not take any warnings lightly. It seems silly, but I am getting it, and using it.

The bills are starting to come in and I'm getting nervous. It'll work out I know, but it still sucks to open the envelopes.

No comments: